How come the player has no audio after switching from the FM radio to the MP3 playback mode?
This problem can be resolved by updating the firmware of the player to version 4.1x or above by following the instructions below.
- Connect the player to your PC.
- Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start -> Programs -> Philips Digital Audio Player -> SA2XXX -> Philips SA2XXX Device
- Manager on your PC. If you do not have this program installed yet, install it from the by-packed CD or download it from www.philips.com/support.
- Make sure all other applications such as Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer that access the device are closed or else
- Device Manager will not recognize the device.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Click update.
- Install now.
- The application will show the status of updating and at the end you need to click OK to complete the update. (Please do not disconnect the player during the upgrading process as this interruption may damage the firmware!)
- Follow all on screen instructions to complete the firmware upgrade.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Close all opened application and then unplug your player.