Why is the TV not able to recognize my USB flash device?
NOTE: Not all USB flash drives are recognized by your TV.
- Only memory cards in FAT/DOS format are supported.
- Portable hard discs are only supported as a mass storage device without any multimedia capabilities. If your portable hard disc comes with multimedia capabilities, you have to connect your hard disc as a standard peripheral device.
- Your TV supports playback of multimedia files in JPEG (Photo) and MP3 (Music) format exclusively. Video files such as AVI, MPEG4, MKV, etc. are not supported.
- Make sure that your TV has the latest software installed. You can find the latest TV Firmware Upgrade Software and Readme File documents on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
Follow these steps below to check if your USB flash device is supported.
- Switch off your TV.
- Insert your USB device into the USB connector at the side of the TV.
- Switch on your TV.
- Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control to display the main menu.
- The brand of your USB device will be shown on the MULTIMEDIA row if the TV recognizes it.
- If your TV does not recognize the USB flash device, try re-inserting the USB flash device and repeat the procedure again.
- Once the brand name is shown, press the cursor down to select the USB device under MULTIMEDIA row.
- Press the 'OK' button to display the PICTURE and MUSIC folders.
- To view the media files that are stored on the USB device, select the folder of your choice and press the 'OK' button or cursor right to browse through the contents.
The behaviour of the TV is such that if you select either the PICTURE or MUSIC folder in the TV menu, only files in the relevant format will be displayed. If you have selected the PICTURE menu for example, you will not see any music files that are stored on your USB device but only the folders that contain them.
If your TV still does not recognize the USB device;
- Please contact the Philips Consumer Care centre for further assistance or to find more information related to the USB issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
- Make sure you have the model number and the serial number at hand when you call us. You find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back of your TV.