What can I do to recover the device when it displays the message: WAIT FOR USB CONNECTION?
This can be repaired with the latest version of the Device Manager downloaded from the support site.
- From the support site in the product page select "Software & drivers"
- Download the Device/Firmware manager from the support site to a temp folder on your computer.
- Uninstall the existing Device Manager from your computer with the "Add or remove program" in the control panel under settings
- Run the installation file that you just downloaded from the support site and then follow the screen instructions to complete the installation of the latest version of the device manager.
- Make sure all other applications Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer that access the device are closed or else Device Manager will not recognize the device.
- Launch the Device Manager at Start->Programs->Philips Device Manager on your PC.
- Select the REPAIR tab on the dialogue box.
- Power off the player. Press and hold the "+" key and then connect it to the PC until you are prompted to release the key.
- Select the device name SA60xx and then click OK and REPAIR.
IMPORTANT: All music & content of your device will be erased once the Player is repaired.
- Once the repair is complete a dialogue box will pop up; click OK and unplug the Player from the computer.
- The Device Manager will close automatically once the success message is displayed. Close all opened application and then unplug your device.
- The device should now resume back to normal.