How can I improve the sound quality of my TV?
In order to improve the sound quality, make sure that you observe the following guidelines:
- Check the quality of the incoming signal on the TV with a different source like DVD or VCR.
- Splitting the signal will make it considerably weaker. If you use an antenna cable splitter: connect the antenna directly to the TV without the splitter.
- Check your cables and cable-connections.
- Make all your cables as short as possible.
- Use high quality antenna cable.
- Connect the plugs well into their sockets.
Check whether the sound quality has improved. If not:
You can use the 'AUTO MODE' button on the remote control to set your TV to a predefined sound mode settings that will give you the best sound quality.
Alternatively, follow these steps to select the settings that suit your preferences:
- Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control to display the main menu.
- Select TV SETTINGS and press the cursor right to display the TV settings menu.
- Press the cursor down to select SOUND and press the cursor right to display the sound menu.
- Press the cursor up/down to access the SOUND settings.
- Press the cursor right to select and the cursor up/down to adjust them according to your preferences.
- Press the 'MENU' button to exit the menu.
- If you see the mute symbol on the screen, deactivate the mute feature by pressing the 'MUTE' button on the remote control.
If the TV is connected to the audio system:
- Check the connection with the audio system.
- Switch the audio system to the correct source.
- Turn the volume of the audio system up.
If you do not have sound or bad sound on one or a few channels, the problem is with the reception or the broadcasting quality of these channels.
Reinstall the analogue and digital channel(s):
Follow the below instructions to program the TV:
- Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control to access the main menu.
- Press the cursor down to select INSTALLATION and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor down to select CHANNELS in the Installation menu and press the cursor right to enter the Channels menu.
- Select AUTOPROGRAM in the Channels menu and press the cursor right to START NOW.
Note: If any of the channels are locked, the screen will prompt you to enter your PIN code in order to enter the Installation menu.
- Press the 'OK' button.
- Select Cable or Antenna in the Installation mode.
- When Antenna is selected, the TV will detect antenna signals and will search for antenna TV (NTSC and ATSC) channels available in your local area.
- When Cable is selected, the TV will detect cable company supplied signals and will search for cable TV (NTSC, ATSC, QAM modulated) channels available in your area.
Note: Make sure that registration with your cable TV provider and connection of equipment are completed.
- Press the green button (START) to start auto programming.
- The menu screen disappears and the progress of auto programming is displayed. The progress bar indicates the number of analog and digital TV channels found.
- When Auto programming is complete, a message appears confirming the completion. Press the blue button (FINISH) and the TV returns to the Installation menu.
- Press the "MENU' button to exit the menu.
If the problem is still not solved, contact the broadcaster or your provider to verify whether there is a broadcasting problem.