How can I Install my WAC700 on a computer with Windows Vista?
To install the device, you need the file “Wac_installer.exe”. It is provided in the installation CD. The content of the installation CD, including this file, is also available in the Philips Support website.
Before you start make sure that,
- The music center is restored to the factory settings; and
- All active firewalls are disabled on the computer, including virus scanners.
- Run WAC_Installer.exe by double clicking on the icon. You can find this icon in your install directory.
- Choose CUSTOM Install.
- Choose Change Network Settings.
- Choose Option 1, named ‘Music Center connects to standalone pc’.
- It’s possible that a message, “Music center could not be found, pops up.” Just ignore this message and close the installer.
- Put the music center in standby or eco mode and then switch it on. The new settings will now take effect.
- Install Windows Audio Device Manager 1.7 (WADM 1.7) (fully compatible with Windows Vista) from the installation CD.
Now the WADM will find the Music Center.