How do I get picture and sound on the TV when I connect my Laptop or Notebook with an HDMI connection?
When you switch on the Laptop/Notebook with the TV connected and switched on, the video image may appear on either the Laptop/Notebook display or the TV screen for the connections below.
- HDMI to HDMI
Connect the HDMI connection of the laptop/notebook to the HDMI connection of the TV with an HDMI-HDMI cable.
- DVI to HDMI, with an added audio connection.
Connect the DVI connection of the Laptop/Notebook to the HDMI connection of the TV with a DVI-HDMI cable. Alternatively, use a DVI-DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adaptor. Connect the audio cable from the 'AUDIO OUT' connection of the Laptop/Notebook to the 'AUDIO IN' connection of the TV.
Note: Make sure the PC graphics card has the latest drivers and the TV has the latest software installed.
Follow these steps to connect the devices:
- Switch the Laptop/Notebook and the TV off.
- Connect the Laptop/Notebook using one of the above connections.
- Switch the TV on.
- Select the HDMI connection on the TV to which the Laptop/Notebook is connected.
- Switch the Laptop/Notebook on.
- Depending on the graphics card, Laptop/Notebook operating system and configuration, the TV will show the Laptop/Notebook screen.
- In some cases, you will need to toggle the Laptop/Notebook to display the video image on the TV screen.
Note: Please refer to your Laptop/Notebook manual to determine which keys are used for the transfer function.
- Example of the common function keys used by Laptop/Notebook manufacturers, such as 'Fn'+'F8' keys.
- Hold down the 'Fn' key and toggle the 'F8' key (or key determined by the manufacturer) once or twice.
- This will switch the video image to the Laptop/Notebook display only, the TV only, or the Laptop/Notebook display and the TV simultaneously.