How can I view the encrypted/scrambled digital channels on my TV?
The encrypted/scrambled digital channels (DVB-T and DVB-C) can be decoded either by a Conditional Access Module (CAM or CI-Module) with a smart card or by a Set top box depending on the implementation by the service provider.
- Consult your dealer or service provider about the possibilities for receiving encrypted/scrambled digital channels.
- If you wish to buy a CAM or to know which CAM is available for your TV, you may contact the dealer or service provider.
- Your TV does not support DVB-S. In order to receive DVB-S channels, you will need an additional compatible set-top box.
- Philips does not supply CAM as an accessory.
Make sure that you use the latest CAM/CI-Module and that your TV has the latest software installed.
- You can find the latest TV Firmware Upgrade Software and Readme File documents on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- Follow the instructions in the user manual or the readme file of the Firmware Upgrade on how to upgrade the software of your TV.
- Verify with your service provider if you have the latest CAM.
If you have already installed the latest software and your TV is still unable to install the CAM/CI-Module;
You may have inserted the CAM in the wrong orientation. If the CAM is not inserted correctly, the COMMON INTERFACE menu will not be displayed on the TV menu.
IMPORTANT: Read the instruction provided by your service provider on how to setup the CAM before connecting to the TV.
Please follow these steps to confirm that the CAM is inserted correctly.
- Switch off the TV.
- If your CAM comes with a smart card, first insert the smart card into the CAM.
- Check that the arrow on the smart card faces the same side of the arrow on the CAM.
- Follow the direction printed on the CAM, gently insert the CAM into the COMMON INTERFACE slot at the side of the TV.
Caution: Do not use force if the CAM module does not enter smoothly! Make sure that you have inserted the CAM in the correct orientation.
- Switch on the TV.
- Press the ‘OPTIONS' button on the remote control to display the options menu.
- If the CAM is recognized, the COMMON INTERFACE option will be highlighted.
- Select COMMON INTERFACE and press the cursor right to select the CAM.
- Press ‘OK’ button to display the CAM application. The CAM applications vary from service provider.
- Follow the instructions provided by your service provider to setup your CAM.
If your TV still does not recognize the CAM/CI-Module;
- Please contact the Philips Consumer Care centre for further assistance or to find more information related to the CAM issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
- Make sure you have the model number and the serial number at hand when you call us. You find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back of your TV.