What issues are solved by a software upgrade?
Every software update solves different issues. A software update ensures that your TV is performing optimally in accordance with the latest technological developments.
To check if there is new software available for your TV, you have to check if the software version on the Philips support website is higher than the software version in your TV and update it if necessary.
Follow these procedures to check the current software version on your TV.
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor button to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO and press the 'OK' button to display the current software version on your TV set.
Check the software version against the latest TV software on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website means your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
The latest software solves the issues below:
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
- No sound from external devices through HDMI connection.
- No picture and sound (blank screen) observed on HD video content through HDMI connection.
- TV menu operation becomes extremely slow when the audio language is changed on digital cable service (DVB-C).
- The Finnish subtitles will only be displayed after you switch channel.
- TV switched off and on by itself when viewing pay channels/services with a Conditional Access Module (CAM) inserted. (Only applicable to country, Netherland)
- Hungarian language option cannot be selected on the HDMI CEC device language menu with the TV remote control.
- Video freeze or macro blocks observed on HD digital broadcast at the interval of 10-12 minutes.
- Error message appear on screen when viewing pay channels/services with a Conditional Access Module (CAM) inserted.
- TV switched off by itself after 2 hrs of operation.
- All user settings (e.g. delta volume) are lost after channel installation/update.
- TV displays a message „Scrambled program‟ when switching from Free-To-Air (FTA) channel to a pay channel.
- When ‘EasyLink’ feature is switched off in the TV menu, the channel number or name OSDs will not be displayed or display as ‘undefined format’ when switching to external inputs or TV channels.
- Channel preset/position are shifted by +1 after performing cable installation with UPC network. (Only applicable to country, Netherland)
- Improvement of the network connectivity with some routers, e.g. Zyxel models. (Only applicable for Net TV models)
- The IP-EPG is not displaying the scheduled broadcast programme (empty) after updating the TV software to version 26.58.5. (Only applicable for Net TV models)
- TV does not work with other HDMI CEC compliant devices.
- TV does not store all the channels from UPC service provider. (Only applicable to country, Netherland)
- Implementation of a new feature, Scenea. It allows you to use your TV as a photoframe.
- Software release for 40PFL8664H and 40PFL7664H.
- Only one analogue channel is stored after performing digital cable (DVB-C) installation. (Only applicable to country, Netherland)
- Micro-block or mosaics appear on channels.
- Digital cable services are stored in the wrong preset/position and analogue cable channels are not present in the channel list.
- Analogue cable channels are stored in the wrong preset/position in the channel list, after you have stored as new channel during analogue manual installation.
- Increase the maximum number of cable services stored in the TV memory from 500 to 700.
- The splash screen (Blue screen with PHILIPS logo) is removed when Ambilight is used as a lounge light. (Only applicable for Net TV models)
- The Philips Server is not available or cannot access Net TV. (Only applicable for Net TV models)
- After installation of digital (DVB-T) channels, the IP-EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) menu is empty. (Only applicable for Net TV models)
- Enable digital cable (DVB-C) functionality for Switzerland and Austria countries.
- Picture menu shows “HD Natural Motion” instead of “Perfect Natural Motion”. (Only applicable for 76x4, 78x4 & 86x4 series models)
- To disable Now and Next program banner after channel change. This is a new EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) requirement.
- A vertical green line appears on the left side of the screen in “Unscale” picture format through HDMI connection.
- Video drop-out when you change channel on the Philips/Pace set-top-box through HDMI connection.
- TV hang-up while navigating in Net TV environment.(Only applicable for Net TV models)
- No audio & video in TV mode after TV lost signal from the website while watching a movie from the Net TV services.(Only applicable for Net TV models)
- The radio channel background disappeared with a message “Video not supported” displayed when you change the radio channels.
- TV cannot store the channels from cable service provider, Kabel Baden-Wurttemberg.(Only applicable to country, Germany)
- TV does not display the correct resolution for some PC formats and is forced to the 640x480 resolution.
- While playing a media file in the root directory of the USB memory device, the Program +/- button does not allowed you to select another media file.
- Unable to enter the network frequency for DVB-C installation.(Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
- To preset/position analog channels from preset number 2001 onwards after channel installation.(Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
- Channel disappeared from the original preset position and shifted to a preset number 16384 after installation update.(Only applicable to country, Lithuania, Czech Rep or Italy)
- No channels found after auto-installation.(Only applicable to country, Ukraine & Bulgaria)
- Riks TV certification.(Only applicable to country, Norway)
- Intermittent access of electronic user manual with the [Yellow] button on the remote control. (Only applicable for models with electronic user manual)
- The audio language does not change when you select an audio language from the list of available broadcasted languages in the TV menu for a digital channel.
- The TV is intermittently blocked when accessing YouTube service.(Only applicable for Net TV models)
- To include DVB-T MPEG4 feature for country, Slovenia.
- Channel Nederland 2 and Nederland 3 presets are shifted after installation update.(Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
- Channels TF1, France2 and M6 have disappeared from the preset list after installation update.(Only applicable to country, France)
- Initial production software