What issues are solved with a software upgrade?
How to check the current software version on my TV set?
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor button to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO and press the 'OK' button to display the current software version on your TV set.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website means your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
Where can I find the latest software for my TV set ?
• You can find the latest TV Firmware Upgrade Software and Readme File documents on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- The software update will not change the user settings.
The TV software upgrade will solve the following :
- System improvements towards reboot issues in the Netherlands.
- Joint Space can be used, for more information see the internet link below: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jointspace/index.php?title=Remote_Applications_Development
- Switzerland : improvement broadcast information and general behavior.
- Improved behavior with Tatung devices.
- Solution for subtitles issue in Finland.
- Make sets future-prove for new Canal+ equipment in France.
- Improvement digital broadcast in the Netherlands.
- Improvement picture freeze/macro blocks on ARD-HD + ZDF-HD via DVB-C.
- Solving picture freeze/macro blocks on ARD-HD + ZDF-HD via DVB-C.
- Improvement on CI+ performances.
- Solving Italian broadcast issue.
- Automatic Channel Installation - all presets shifted by one.
- IP-EPG is available again.
- case of ‘undefined’ OSD resolved.
- 'no TXT on RTL4' - Teletext performance enhanced.
- Yellow button forwarded to NetTV.(RTL gemist service)
- Robustness of subtitles improved.
- Higher number of EPG channels.
- Parental rating applicable for Radio.
- Improved network connectivity with some routers.
- Introduction of the extra feature named Interactive TV via the “ Red Button ” on the remote control, initially, the feature works for Dutch channels on those TVs in the Netherlands without a set-top box .
- Interactive TV will not be offered in the UK, as the red color key is used for other interactive applications (MHEG) .
- Solution for Automatic Channel Installation on the UPC network in the Netherlands.
- Except for the 56PFL9954H/12, the feature Scenea can be used. ( Scenea is a new feature, which allows you to use your TV as a big photoframe. By selecting Scenea you will see a butterfly, this is the standard Scenea picture. You can load your personal picture by watching it in the content browser, pressing the options key, navigating down to "Set as Scenea ". Then your personal picture will get stored as the "Scenea picture", so from then onwards when choosing Scenea in the Home menu you will see your personal picture. In Scenea,any key press returns you to "Watch TV”. The maximum displaying time in Scenea is 240 minutes. A few minutes before the set switches of a message is displayed to warn the customer.
- Improved cam authentication.
- Support for DVB-S2 box.
- resolves installation issue on DVB-C and analog networks in the Netherlands and Germany.
- Full DVB-C Austria & Switzerland availability.
- Improvement of robustness of the side control.
After updating this software the operation of the side control can be slightly different as before. It might be that the TV needs a confirmation of the key press. This means, the first press activates the side control, while the second press executes the action. During 15 seconds the side control will operate immediately on the key press. Afterwards, again the activation is needed.
- Solving video drop outs when changing channels on external set-top box.
- Reliability for Net TV improved.
- Improvement.avi media via WIFI in the Netherlands.
- Sound improvements for France.
- Possibility to swith off the digital channel update in standby mode.
- For France:Canal+decoder:solution for the preset sometimes skipped after using back key or after standby.
- Improvement on the startup behavior of the NetTV functionality .
- This software is RiksTV certified.
- Improved installation behaviour for DVB-C countries Netherlands & Austria.
- DGTVi certified.
- HD simulcast presets are not misplaced anymore by an overnight update installation.
- improved USB Browse stability.
- DVB-T MPEG4 support for Slovenia.