My picture format keeps changing with different channels. How can I set a specific format?
When the TV picture format is set to AUTO FORMAT, you have the option to set the picture format to automatically fill the screen or to display the format according to the broadcast format.
If you wish to set a specific format, press the button on the remote control repeatedly to select WIDESCREEN option or any other format that you feel comfortable with.
NOTE: The 4:3 option only appears in the list of available picture formats if you connect a computer by VGA or HDMI. If you want to view TV channels or material from other sources in the 4:3 format, you need to set the picture format to ´AUTO FORMAT´ and select ´AUTO ZOOM´ in the AUTO FORMAT MODE menu.
Follow these steps to set the AUTO FORMAT MODE;
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor button to select SETUP and press the cursor 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select PICTURE and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor down to select PICTURE FORMAT and press the cursor right.
- Select AUTO FORMAT and press the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select AUTO FORMAT MODE and press the cursor right.
- Select the option according to your preference and press the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
- When AUTO FILL is selected, the picture will expand to fill the screen regardless of the broadcast format, eg 4:3 or 14:9. No black bar is visible.
- When AUTO ZOOM is selected, the picture will be displayed according to the broadcast format, i.e. TV will display 4:3 broadcast in 4:3 format & 14:9 broadcast in 14:9 format.
- Press the 'BACK' button to exit the menu.