How can I select a 4:3 picture format?
The 4:3 option only appears in the list of available picture formats if you connect a computer by VGA or HDMI.
If you want to view TV channels or material from other sources in the 4:3 format, you need to set the picture format to ´AUTO FORMAT´ and select ´AUTO ZOOM´ in the AUTO FORMAT MODE menu.
Follow these steps to set the AUTO FORMAT MODE;
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor button to select SETUP and press the cursor 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select PICTURE and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor down to select PICTURE FORMAT and press the cursor right.
- Select AUTO FORMAT and press the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select AUTO FORMAT MODE and press the cursor right.
- Select the option according to your preference and press the ‘OK’ button to confirm.
- When AUTO FILL is selected, the picture will expand to fill the screen regardless of the broadcast format, eg 4:3 or 14:9. No black bar is visible.
- When AUTO ZOOM is selected, the picture will be displayed according to the broadcast format, i.e. TV will display 4:3 broadcast in 4:3 format & 14:9 broadcast in 14:9 format.
- Press the 'BACK' button to exit the menu.