How can I connect my Laptop or Personal Computer (PC) to the TV?
IMPORTANT: Read the instruction provided by your PC or graphics card maker on how to setup the PC/graphics card before connecting to the TV. Make sure that you have installed the latest software on your PC and the PC graphics card has the latest drivers. For detailed information, please refer to the website of your PC or graphics card maker.
There are three ways to connect a PC/laptop to your TV:
- HDMI to HDMI.
Connect the HDMI connection of the Laptop/PC with a HDMI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV.
- DVI-I to HDMI, with an added audio connection.
Connect the DVI connection of the Laptop/PC with a DVI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection of the TV. Alternatively, use a DVI-DVI cable and a DVI-HDMI adaptor. Connect the audio cable from the 'AUDIO OUT' connection of the Laptop/PC to the 'PC IN AUDIO' connection of the TV.
- VGA to VGA, with an added audio connection.
Connect the VGA connection of the Laptop/PC with a VGA cable to the ‘VGA’ connection of the TV. Connect the audio cable from the 'AUDIO OUT' connection of the Laptop/PC to the 'PC IN AUDIO' connection of the TV.
Follow these steps to connect the devices:
- Switch the Laptop/PC and the TV off.
- Connect the Laptop/PC choosing one of the above solutions.
- Switch the TV on.
- Press the 'SOURCE' button on the TV remote control repeatedly to select the type of connection you want to use.
- Switch the PC on.
- For some cases, you need to toggle the Laptop/PC to display the video image onto the TV screen.
NOTE: Please refer to your Laptop/PC manual to determine which keys are used for the transfer function.
- Example of the common function keys use by Laptop/Notebook manufacturers such as 'Fn'+'F8' keys.
- Hold down the 'Fn' key, and toggle the ‘F8’ key (or key determined by the manufacturer) once or two times.
- This will switch the video image to the Laptop/PC display only, the TV only, or the Laptop/Notebook display and the TV simultaneously.
Ensure your PC is set to a resolution and video/audio format that the TV supports.
The following display resolutions, video/audio formats and Refresh rates are supported in PC mode:
- 640 x 480 - 60Hz
- 800 x 600 - 60Hz
- 1024 x 768 - 60Hz
- 1280 x 720 - 60Hz
- 1280 x 1024 - 60Hz
- 1360 x 768 - 60Hz
- 480i - 60Hz
- 480p - 60Hz
- 576i - 50Hz
- 576p - 50Hz
- 720p - 50, 60Hz
- 1080i - 50, 60Hz
- 1080p - 24, 25, 30, 50, 60Hz
Your TV supports only PCM and AC3 audio format if it is connected by HDMI. If your TV does not receive any sound over an HDMI connection, make sure that your PC is transmitting the audio in PCM or AC3 format. Refer to the user manual of your PC to verify whether your PC is configured correctly.
To adjust TV settings for best picture and audio:
You can use the 'PICTURE' and 'SOUND' buttons on the remote control to set your TV to a predefined picture and sound mode respectively that will give you the best picture and sound quality.
NOTE: 'PICTURE' will not work when the computer format is set to PC resolution.
Alternatively, follow these steps to select the settings that suit to your preferences:
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select PICTURE or SOUND and press the cursor right to access the menu.
- Press the cursor up or down to access the settings.
- Press the cursor right to select and use the cursor buttons to adjust them according to your preferences.
- Press the 'BACK' button to exit the menu.
If the source signal is of 480P/720P/1080P content through HDMI connection and when the TV is used as a monitor for home and office work, it is recommended to set the PC MODE in the TV menu to ON mode for best signal handling.
- This TV supports HDMI to DVI (PC output) connection.
- Picture quality cannot be guaranteed due to the differences in PC operating systems and video cards.
- Select the UNSCALED picture format to provide maximum detail for PC or HD content.
- Make sure the PC graphics card has the latest drivers and the TV has the latest software installed.
HDMI to HDMI
Return to Top
DVI to HDMI
Return to Top
VGA to VGA
Return to Top