What issues are solved by a software upgrade?
Every software update solves different issues. A software update ensures that your TV is performing optimally in accordance with the latest technological developments.
To check if there is new software available for your TV, you have to check if the software version on the Philips support website is higher than the software version in your TV and update it if necessary.
Follow these procedures to check the current software version on your TV.
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select SOFTWARE UPDATE and press the cursor right .
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO and press the ‘OK’ button to display the current software version on your TV set.
Check the software version against the latest TV software on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website, this means the software of your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
- Do not install a lower version of software than the current version installed on your product. Philips cannot be held liable or be made responsible for problems caused by a software downgrade.
The latest software solves the issues below:
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
TPM52E_2.09 (Date published: 2012-09-28)
- EPG content update. (Only applicable to country, Portugal)
TPM52E_2.08 (Date published: 2011-01-26)
- Greenish picture observed after the TV exits from Teletext mode.
- The TV will not remember the last status of the picture vertical position when you adjust the position using the remote control navigation keys in the following picture formats: [Super zoom], [Subtitle zoom], [Movie expand 14:9], and [Movie expand 16:9].
- Added Turkish language option in TV menu.
TPM52E_2.07 (Date published: 2010-11-09)
- Empty channels are shifted to the end of the channel list. (only applicable to country, Spain)
- The TV backlight is switched off with no onscreen display visible when TV received a channel with no picture. The backlight can be restored by activating any remote control keys except the standby key.
TPM52E_2.05 (Date published: 2010-11-04)
- Introduction of new product ranges (19PFL3205H/12 and 26PFL3205H/12).
- OSD translation error for Spanish language is corrected.
- Language options in the [Menu language] menu are sorted in alphabetical order.
- The video flashes/flickers while changing the screen brightness in PC mode.
- The Teletext page indicator appears randomly when the subtitle is displayed.
TPM52E_2.04 (Date published: 2010-08-30)
- TV turns on by itself in the presence of external interference signals, for example, by switching on the room light.
- Micro-blocks (Mosaic) observed on digital channels when using certain Conditional Access Module (CAM).
- Picture becomes dark and flickers when viewing Teletext.
TPM52E_2.03 (Date published: 2010-07-05)
- Addition of Russian/Polish/Spanish/Portuguese language options to the TV menu.
TPM52E_2.01 (Date published: 2010-05-03)
- Initial production software.