What can I do when the protector indicator lights up in red?
The amplifier has a build-in protection circuit to protect the transistors and speakers in following conditions:
- The amplifier is overheated.
- A DC current is generated in speakers.
- The battery voltage is too low or too high. Or
- The speaker terminals are short circuited.
When the protector indicator lights up in red, the amplifier shuts down automatically. In this case please:
- Take out the disc or tape and turn off the car audio.
- Check the cause of the malfunction.
- If the amplifier is overheated, let it cool down.