Every software update solves a different issue. A software update ensures that your TV is performing optimally in accordance with the latest technological developments.
To check if there is new software available for your TV, you have to check if the software version on the Philips support website is higher than the software version on your TV and update it if necessary.
Follow these procedures to check the current software version on your TV.
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select SETUP and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select SOFTWARE SETTINGS and press the 'OK' button.
- Select CURRENT SOFTWARE INFO and press the 'OK' button to display the current software version on your TV set.
Check the software version against the latest TV software on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website, this means the software of your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instructions in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
- Do not install a lower version of software than the current version installed on your product. Philips cannot be held liable or be made responsible for problems caused by a software downgrade.
The latest software solves the issues below:
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
IMPORTANT: A new improvement has been made to the new software release to improve the channel search efficiency, which required the TV channels to be reinstalled when you update the TV software from version TPM62E_2.08 (or older) to version TPM62E_2.12 (or later). After you have reinstalled your TV channels, you can rearrange the channels to suit your preference in the channel grid using the Reorder feature in the options menu.
TPM62E_2.26 (Date published: 2013-03-28)
- Fixed Romania DVB-C teletext issue.
TPM62E_2.25 (Date published: 2012-09-12)
- TV does not response to the remote control when you switch to France 24 or Balkan TV channels via Teledünya digital service provider. (Only applicable to country, Turkey)
- Picture freezes and TV does not response to the remote control when you switch to Mezzo channel. (Only applicable to country, Serbia)
- TV has no video after startup when you connected a set-top box (STB) through HDMI. (Only applicable to country, France)
- YouSee channel allocation. (Only applicable to country, Denmark)
- Changed the default [Visual impaired] option from on to off.
TPM62E_2.24 (Date published: 2012-04-30)
- TV turns off and on by itself while watching DI.TV channels. (Only applicable to country, Italy)
- Stofa cable provider option is added to the DVB-C installation cable provider list. (Only applicable to country, Denmark)
- Missing UPC channels. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
- Picture freeze when you playback motion jpeg file.
- A different audio is heard on some digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Mauritius)
TPM62E_2.22(Date published: 2012-03-30)
- Corrected the OSD error from "Digital Crystal Clear" to "Pixel Plus HD" under [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Picture].
TPM62E_2.21(Date published: 2012-03-01)
- Introduction of new product ranges.
TPM62E_2.20(Date published: 2011-12-02)
IMPORTANT: You're highly recommended to upgrade your TV to this software as it covers major certification.
- TV turns off and on by itself while watching channel NT1. (Only applicable to a specific country: France)
- Digital service provider selection is provided in the channel installation menu. (Only applicable to a specific country: Denmark)
TPM62E_2.18(Date published: 2011-10-18)
- Introduction of new product range (40PFL5206H/XX).
- Intermittent sound loss when connecting an external device via HDMI.
- Multifeed option is disabled in Sky channels. (Only applicable to a specific country: Germany)
TPM62E_2.16(Date published: 2011-09-06)
- No program on S02 and S03 channels. (Only applicable to a specific country: Germany)
- Change the default picture format to [Wide screen].
- Channel list update message pops up after switching channels.
- Intermittent sound loss while watching digital cable (DVB-C) channels.
TPM62E_2.15(Date published: 2011-08-23)
- With this software your TV is ZIGGO and UPC certified.
- Introduction of new product range.
- Russian OSD translation error is corrected.
- Romanian OSD translation error is corrected.
TPM62E_2.12(Date published: 2011-07-29)
- With this software your TV is SAORVIEW certified. (Only applicable to a specific country: Ireland)
- Enable channel reorder function for all service providers except ZIGGO. (Only applicable to a specific country: Netherlands)
- Allow users to disable the "4-hour automatic shut down" feature in the [Auto switch off] menu.
TPM62E_2.08(Date published: 2011-06-16)
- Improvement in the OSD translation.
- Improved Active Control Demo behavior.
- FIND key does not display the channel grid.
- TV has no sound after being switched on using the power switch.
- TV turns off and on by itself during USB playback.
TPM62E_2.03(Date published: 2011-06-10)
- Improvement in the OSD translation.
TPM62E_2.00(Date published: 2011-05-04)
- Initial production software.