Why does my TV automatically switch off after a specific time?
In order to help you save energy, your TV will automatically switch off if no buttons have been pressed (such as press a remote control button or a control on the TV front panel) after a specified time of watching TV. The auto switch off time can be set in the [Setup] > [TV settings] > [Preferences] > [Auto switch off] menu.
In order to switch off the [Auto switch off] feature, proceed as follows:
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select [Setup] and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select [TV settings] and press the 'OK' button.
- Press the cursor down to select [Preferences] and press the cursor right .
- Press the cursor down to select [Auto switch off] and press the cursor right .
- To switch off the [Auto switch off] feature, press the cursor down to zero minutes and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the button to exit the menu.
If your TV still switches off randomly;
- Make sure that your TV has the latest software installed.
- Go to the Attachments section on this FAQ page to find the latest TV Software Upgrade and Firmware history documents.
When no improvement is observed after you have upgraded the TV software;
- Please contact the Philips Consumer Care center for further assistance or to get more information about this issue. You can find the contact details on the Consumer Support page.
- Make sure you have the model number and the serial number to hand when you call us. You can find these numbers on the sticker at the side/back/bottom of your TV.