How do I perform a channel search?
You only need to search for channels if you are using an antenna connection without a cable or satellite box.
Follow the instructions below to program the TV:
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select [Setup] and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Press the cursor down to select [Installation] and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Select [Channel installation] and press the 'OK' button to access the channel installation screen.
- If the Child lock is activated, the screen will prompt you to enter your pin code. If you have forgotten your pin code, you can reset the pin code in the [Setup] > [Features] > [Change code] menu.
- Select [Automatic channel search] and press the 'OK' button.
NOTE: You will lose your preference channel order after channel search. You will need to reorder the channels again.
- Press the cursor up or down to select the country where you are located and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select [Full installation] and press the 'OK' button to start auto programming.
- The menu screen disappears and the progress of auto programming is displayed. The progress bar indicates the number of analogue and digital channels found.
- Once the installation is completed, press the 'OK' button and the TV will automatically exit the menu.
If your TV does not find the channels after the channel search;
- Make sure that your TV has the latest software installed.
- Check the incoming cable or antenna signal connection to make sure that it is properly secured to the TV's antenna input.
- Connect the antenna directly to the TV. Do not use an antenna cable splitter or loop through your external device such as set-top box or DVD recorder.
- Different service providers use their own channel lists in which contains a predefined channel order (arrangement) and the frequency where the TV can find the channels.
- Most service providers broadcast free digital, encrypted digital and analogue channels.
- If you perform [Automatic channel search], your TV will reorder the channels according to the channel order predefined by the service provider. After the channel search, you can rearrange the channels to suit your preference in the channel grid with the [Reorder] feature in the options menu.