The handset displays “Searching” or “Unavailable”; and it cannot make calls. What should I do?
When the handset displays “Searching” or “Unavailable”, the handset signal is searching for the base station signal. Hence, you cannot make or receive calls from your handset. This can happen when the handset is too far away from the base station, or handset is not registered to a base station, or when there is an interruption of power supply to the base station.
Follow the steps below:
- If your handset is not registered to the original base station, register to the original base station first.
- Put the handset on the base station. Wait for a short while (about half a minute).
- If the problem persists, check that the base station is connected to the mains. (That is, the battery icon on handset shows that it is being charged after you put it onto the charging cradle.)
- If the problem persists, reset the handset and the base station. (After reset, you need to register the handset with the base station).
(Click on the links below for instructions on resetting the handset and base station.)
- If you are using a Philips handset with a base of another brand, and if trying the above steps your problem is still not solved, it is likely that the base is faulty.
If all of the above does not help, click Contact Page to contact Philips customer service.