How to add a function from my original remote control to the Philips remote control?
Before you begin, note that:
- Do not move the remote controls or change the distance between them while learning.
- You can store a function under any of the available keys, except LEARN, SELECT, SHIFT and SETUP.
- Some functions of some types of remote controls might not be learned.
- Use new batteries for both the learning and the original remote control.
Follow below steps to add a function:
- Place both remote controls on a flat surface (like a coffee table) and aim them head-to-head with about 30mm in between. You may need to adjust the height of one of the remote controls to achieve this.
- Press SELECT to select the desired device mode (TV, DVD, STB or AMP).
- The device mode indicator lights up in the selector window.
- Press and hold SETUP until the device mode indicator blinks and then remains lit, then release the key.
- Press LEARN.
- The device mode indicator blinks once, then remains lit.
- Press the key you wish to learn a new function to (target key). E.g. Standby .
- Press and hold the key you wish to copy on the original remote control until the device mode indicator blinks once and then remains lit.
- If there is a learning problem, the indicator blinks for 3 seconds and then remains lit.
- Repeat steps 5 to 6 for other functions from the selected device you wish to learn to this remote control.
- Press and release SETUP when all desired functions are learned.