How do I use the panini grill position?
This position is especially suitable for quick, high-temperature grilling (of rump steaks, hamburgers etc.) and for making toasted sandwiches or paninis. Both grilling plates are in contact with the food.
How to use the health grill in the panini grill position:
- Open the grill halfway. (Fig.1)
- Place the grease tray under the drainage opening to collect the fat or juice. (Fig.2)
- Put the food in the middle of the lower grilling plate. (Fig.3)
- Close the appliance by lowering the upper plate carefully onto the ingredients. The upper plate now rests on the food, causing it to be grilled evenly on both sides. (Fig.4)
- Open the appliance when the required grilling time has elapsed.
- The grilling time depends on the type of ingredients, their thickness and your personal taste. See the table below for recommended grilling times (position B is the Panini grill position).
- Use a wooden or plastic spatula to remove the food from the appliance. Do not use metal, sharp or abrasive kitchen utensils.
- If you want to grill another batch of food, remove excess oil from the plates with a piece of kitchen paper.
- To continue grilling in panini grill position, place the next batch of food on the lower grilling plate and lower the upper grilling plate after the temperature/ready-to-cook light has gone out.
Fig.1 Fig.2 Fig.3 Fig.4