How do I use the gratin grill position?
The gratin grill position is the ideal position for grilling and cooking au gratin at the same time. The gratin grill position is also suitable for the preparation of all kinds of 'open' toasts, e.g. with egg, tomato, peppers and/or onion rings covered with cheese. The upper grilling plate should not be in contact with the food.
How to use the gratin grill position:
- Open the grill halfway to put the grill in gratin grill position. (Fig.1)
- Place the grease tray under the drainage opening to collect the fat or juice. (Fig.2)
- Put the food in the middle of the lower grilling plate. To close the appliance, pull the upper grilling plate up to its highest position (1) and then put it in horizontal position (2). (Fig.3)
Note: The upper grilling plate should not be in contact with the food.
- Open the appliance when the required grilling time has elapsed. The grilling time depends on the type of ingredients, their thickness and your personal taste. See the table below for recommended grilling times (position C is the gratin grill position).
- Use a wooden or plastic spatula to remove the food from the appliance. Do not use metal, sharp or abrasive kitchen utensils.
- If you want to grill another batch of food, remove excess oil from the plates with a piece of kitchen paper.
- To continue grilling in gratin grill position, place the next batch of food on the lower grilling plate and lower the upper grilling plate to close the appliance after the temperature light/ready-to-cook light has gone out.
Fig.1 Fig.2 Fig.3