Why are all nipples and pacifiers made of Silicone and not Latex?
The advantages of Silicone compared to Latex:
- Highly transparent, for a natural and hygienic aspect;
- Suitable for latex allergic people;
- Silicone rubber is more durable than latex rubber;
- Sturdy - hard for baby to bite through;
- Tasteless and odourless, makes easier breast feeding compatibility. Latex smells and tastes of rubber, and can cause the baby to reject mom's breast;
- Can be sterilised using boiling water, steam or cold water method;
- Microwave resistant, and dishwasher-proof.