When and how do I have to descale the steamer?
Descale the steamer after you have used it for 15 hours.
To descale the steamer, please follow the descaling instructions below:
- Fill the water tank with white vinegar (8% acetic acid) up to the maximum level. Do not use any other kind of descaler.
- Put the drip tray, the steaming bowls, and the soup/rice bowl on the base properly
- Put the lid on top the soup/rice bowl
- Put the plug in the wall outlet
- Turn the steaming time adjustment knob to set a steaming time of 25 minutes.
Note: If the vinegar starts to boil over the edge of the base, unplug the appliance and reduce the amount of vinegar.
- When the steaming time has elapsed, unplug the appliance and let the vinegar cool down completely. Then empty the water tank.
- Rinse the water tank with cold water several times. Note: Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the water tank.
Tip: To maintain optimal performance and to extend the lifetime of the appliance we advise you to descale the appliance regularly.