Why do you advise to flush the machine when it has not been used for more than three days?
Your machine always keeps its boiler filled with water.
If you have not used the machine for more than three days, the water in the boiler is no longer fresh.
By flushing, you replace the water stored in the boiler with fresh water. In this way, you ensure that you brew your coffee with fresh water and get the delicious coffee taste you want.
To refresh the boiler with clean water you can follow the instructions below:
- Fill the water reservoir with cold water and put it back onto the machine.
- Put the 1-cup or the 2-cup pod holder in the machine without a coffee pod(s).
- Close the lid and lock the lever.
- Put two cups or a bowl under the coffee spout to collect the water.
- Press the on/off button. The light ring around the on/off button flashes slowly while the water heats up.
The coffee machine is ready for use when the light ring lights up continuously.
- Press the 2-cup button to brew two cups of hot water.
- The machine has been flushed.