Dust escapes from the vacuum cleaner. How can I prevent this?
If dust escapes from the vacuum cleaner, this is usually caused by a full dust compartment or incorrectly placed filters.
Causes and solutions:
- The dust compartment is full.
Please empty the dust compartment.
- Remove the dust compartment by pressing the release button. (Fig. 1)
- Take the filter unit out of the dust compartment. (Fig. 2)
- Shake the dust compartment with your free hand to empty it. (Fig. 3)
For a thorough clean, we also advise you to clean the filter unit.
- The filter unit may not be inserted or not be inserted properly.
Check whether you have placed the filter unit in the dust compartment correctly. We advise you to take out the filter unit and to put it back into the dust compartment again. (Fig.2)
Fig.1 Fig.2 Fig.3
If the above solution(s) did not help to solve your problem, please contact Philips Consumer Care.