Here are cleaning recommendations for various Sonicare toothbrushes and brush heads.
For DiamondClean, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare+, FlexCare, HealthyWhite, HealthyWhite+, PowerUp Rechargeable, PowerUp Battery, and Sonicare for Kids products, clean the toothbrush handle as follows:
1. Remove the brush head and rinse the metal shaft area with warm water.
2. Do not push on the rubber seal on the metal shaft with sharp objects, as this may cause damage.
3. Use a damp cloth to wipe the entire surface of the handle.
4. Allow to air dry.
Note: If you have a DiamondClean toothbrush, you may notice that toothpaste residue and water spots are easy to see when they build up on the shiny portion at bottom of the handle. To remove these residues in a way which does not damage important product information on the bottom of the handle, use the following procedure:
1. Dampen a soft cloth with lukewarm water only and gently wipe residues from the shiny bottom of the handle.
2. Do not rub with abrasive cleaners or cleaning aids such as abrasive pads or brushes. Do not use your fingernails or any other tools. Use of these products may remove important product information from the handle.
3. Allow handle to air dry.
To clean brush heads, use the following procedure:
1. Rinse the brush head and bristles after each use.
2. Remove the brush head from the handle and rinse the brush head connection at least once a week with warm water and allow to air-dry.
Note: Never clean the brush heads or the handles in the dishwasher.
For E-Series Elite, Essence, CleanCare and Xtreme products:
1. Rinse the brush head and bristles after each use. Let the brush head air-dry only.
2. Clean the brush head at least once a week, including under the plastic nut.
3. Gently press on the rubber seal to remove the nut.
4. Do not use sharp objects to press on the seal, as this may cause damage.
5. To reattach the nut, slip the nut over the brush head shaft and pull it down until it snaps home.
6. Clean the handle periodically with mild soap and a moist cloth and allow to air-dry.
Was this document helpful?