Do I have to wash the bottles before I put them in the sterilizer?
Yes, you have to wash the bottles before you put them in the sterilizer: Clean them thoroughly in the dishwasher or clean them by hand in hot water with some dishwashing liquid.
If you own a Philips Sterilizer type SCF287 or SCF286, you can use the dishwasher basket to preclean the items you want to sterilize.
Using the sterilizer basket with appliance SCF287 or SCF286:
- Open the two sections of the lid of the dishwasher basket and place the bottles and accessories in the basket
- Make sure that the bottles are placed upside down.
- Close the two sections of the lid of the dishwasher basket
- Place the basket in the dishwasher.
- Switch on the dishwasher and let it complete the dishwashing cycle.
- When the dishwasher is finished, take out the dishwasher basket and make sure that the dishwasher basket and all items to be sterilized are clean. If not, clean them by hand.
- Place the dishwasher basket completely into the large basket of the sterilizer.
- You can leave the dishwasher basket inside the large basket with the two sections of the lid opened.
Opening the Dishwasher Basket
Closing the Dishwasher Basket