What should I do if the machine leaks?
If you notice coffee/water leaking from your SENSEO® machine, please try to establish from which area the machine is leaking.
This is important, as the solution depends on where the leak occurs.
Where does the leak occur?
- Near the spout/brew head.
- Near the bottom of the water reservoir or under the machine.
Causes and solutions: Leak near the coffee spout/brew head.
- The sieve in the center of the pod holder is clogged.
Unclog the sieve in the center of the pod holder by holding the pod holder under a running faucet. If necessary, use a dishwashing brush or clean it in the dishwasher.
- The coffee spout, coffee collector and pod holder are dirty or clogged up.
All parts can be cleaned in the dishwasher or with warm water.
- The coffee pod(s) are not placed correctly.
The ground coffee inside the coffee pods needs to be evenly distributed.
Place the pods with the convex side pointing downward in the center of the pod holder.
Causes and solutions: Leak near the bottom of the water reservoir or under the machine.
- There is too much water in the water reservoir.
Do not fill the water reservoir beyond the maximum level indicated.
- The water reservoir was placed back too roughly.
If the water reservoir is put back onto the machine too roughly, water may splash out of the reservoir.
- The water reservoir is damaged/broken.
If the water reservoir is damaged or broken you can order a new water reservoir at the Philips Online store, or by contacting the Philips Consumer Care Center in your country. Contact Page
If the above solutions did not help to solve your problem, we advise you to contact the Philips Consumer Care Center in your country. Contact Page