How do I vent my Syntia?
To prevent air and water from remaining in the system too long, the machine must be vented before first use and after a long period of disuse. Venting is necessary to prepare a perfect, fresh cup of coffee. Venting is also necessary after you insert or exchange a filter, as air may enter the system during these operations handling.
Vent the system:
- If the symbol below appears on the display, vent the system.
- You can vent the system at any time by simply dispensing some hot water. When you dispense hot water, the whole circuit is filled/flushed and pressurized.
How to vent the system when the symbol is displayed:
- Fill the water tank with fresh water.
- Place a container under the steam wand/pannarello.
- Turn the selector dial to the position. The machine starts to prime the circuit by dispensing some water through the steam wand / pannarello. The bar under the icon shows the progress. When the process is completed, the machine stops dispensing automatically.
- Set the selector dial back to the central position when this symbol appears.
- The display then shows the heating-up icon, and the machine heats up automatically.
- When the display lights up green with a cup and coffee beans, the machine is ready for use.
Expert’s tip: If venting the machine does not solve the problem. Try to:
Take out and put back the water tank a few times, with the machine turned on. Make sure that you put the water tank in the machine correctly.