The display shows an error code. What can I do?
If an error code (Exx) is shown on the display, check the solutions below. If this does not work or the error code is not described, please write down the error code and contact the Consumer Care Center in your country (Contact Page)
E01 (grinder blocked):
Some ground coffee is blocking the coffee funnel inside the machine because it cannot be transported to the brew group. To unblock the grinder you need to take out the brew group and clean the coffee funnel with a spoon handle. Location of the coffee funnel see picture 4.
- Turn OFF the machine and set the power switch on the back to the “O” position.
- Open the service door, remove the coffee ground drawer and the coffee residue drawer.
- Press the PUSH button and remove the brew group.
- Clean the coffee funnel thoroughly with a spoon handle.
- Thoroughly rinse the brew group with lukewarm water and carefully clean the upper filter. Let the brew group air-dry thoroughly.
- Clean the inside of the machine with a cloth, reinsert the brew group and co¬ffee grounds drawer.
Important! If the brew group does not stand in the rest position, it cannot be reinserted. See info below how to set the brew group in rest position.
- Close the service door.
E03/E04 (Brew Group):
The brew group is blocked or not well positioned.
Important! If the brew group is not in rest position, it cannot be reinserted.
How to set the brew group to rest position.
- The lever must be in contact with the brew group base. If it is not, you can push it down into the correct position.
- The two arrow heads on the side of the brew group will now match.
- Make sure that the locking hook on the side of the brew group is in the correct position, which is uppermost. The hook is not correctly positioned if it is still in bottommost position. To position the hook correctly, push it upwards until you hear a soft click.
- Slide the brewing group into the machine and place back the coffee residues drawer.
- Close the service door and insert the coffee ground drawer.
If you still cannot remove or place back the brew group, try the following:
- Place back the coffee grounds drawer with the drip tray into the machine and close the service door. The brew group is not inserted.
- Press the ON/OFF button and turn ON the machine. The machine will automatically make the gearbox return to its starting position if there is a misalignment of the gearbox.
- Press the ON/OFF button and turn OFF the machine.
- Open the service door. Remove the drip tray and coffee grounds drawer.
If you want to place back the brew group; make sure the brew group is set in the rest position (see instructions above) and slide it back into the machine until you hear it lock into position. Do not press the “PUSH” button while you slide it back into the machine.
If you want to take out the brew group; open the brew group unlocking lever. Press the PUSH button and pull it out by its handle.
- Insert the coffee grounds drawer with the drip tray back into the machine and close the service door.
E05 (Flow meter/Boiler/Pump):
When air has entered the system, the machine will automatically try to solve this problem by priming the system. If this is not successful, error code 05 will appear on the display. The following solutions may help to remove the air from the system manually.
- Take out and put back the water tank a few times, with the machine turned on. Make sure that you put the water tank in the machine correctly.
- If there is a water filter in the water tank, remove this filter and then turn on the machine.