How do I vent my Odea?
To prevent air and water from remaining in the system too long, the machine must be vented before first use and after a long period of disuse.
Venting is also necessary after you insert or exchange a filter, as air may enter the system during these operations handling.
Vent the system:
- If the alarm light s flashing quickly.
- You can vent the system at any time by simply dispensing some hot water. When you dispense hot water, the whole circuit is filled/flushed and pressurized.
How to vent the system when the alarm light is flashing quickly.
- Fill the water tank with fresh water.
- Place an empty container under the steam wand / Pannarello.
- Turn the knob to the position and wait (a few minutes) until a continuous jet of water comes out of the steam wand / Pannarello.
- Turn the knob to the rest position .
If venting the machine does not solve the problem. Try to:
- Take out and put back the water tank a few times, with the machine turned on. Make sure that you put the water tank in the machine correctly.
- If there is a water filter in the water tank, remove this filter and then turn on the machine.
If the problem cannot be solved, please contact the Philips contact center in your country (Contact Page)