How do I recognize, which version of the descaling procedure applies to my Odea?
There are two different versions of the descaling procedure for Odea models, version 2.1 and 1.0.
Since the instructions of these two versions differ, it is important to check first which version applies to your machine. The instructions for the two descaling procedure versions, 2.1 and 1.0 can be found under 'Related Articles' below.
Which descaling version to follow is determined by:
- The production date of your machine.
- If your machine was serviced/repaired in one of our service center.
Follow descaling procedure version 2.1:
- If your machine was produced in or after week 49 of 2012
- If your machine was produced before week 49 of 2012 and was serviced/ repaired in one of our service centers after December 3, 2012. Note: If this is the case, the instructions in the original user manual that came in the box are not correct anymore. Follow the instructions of the frequently asked question ‘ How do I descale my Odeal’ (descaling procedure version 2.1).
Follow descaling procedure version 1.0:
- If your machine was produced before week 49 of 2012 and has not been serviced/ repaired in one of our service centers since December 3, 2012.
To determine the production date:
Check the serial number on the label of your machine. You find the serial number on the label inside of the service door.
To determine the production year and week, check the four digits after TW90xxxx or 90SAxxxx.The four digits after this sequence of letters indicate the production date.
In this example (see picture of label), the machine was produced in week 26 of 2011.
- The first two digits after TW90 are “11” and indicate the production year = “ 2011”.
- The subsequent two digits are “26” and indicate the week = “week 26”.
If the label shows production number TW901249 or higher, descaling procedure version 2.1 always applies.
- The first two digits after TW90 are “12” and indicate the production year = “ 2012”.
- The subsequent two digits are “49” and indicate the week = “week 49”.