Why doesn't the Pannarello froth the milk?
In most cases, poor frothing results or the inability to obtain frothed milk is caused by deposits in the milk or water circuits of the machine. Milk or scale residues can partially obstruct the circuits, resulting in irregular steam delivery (pressure variation, too little steam or no steam).
- Clean the Pannarello thoroughly by removing the external and upper part of the Pannarello and rinse them with warm running water. If you cannot remove all milk residues in this way, soak the Pannarello in warm water and clean it with a pipe cleaner.
- Use cold (approx. 5°C / 41°F) milk with a protein content of at least 3% to ensure optimum results when preparing a cappuccino.
- When cleaning of the Pannarello does not improve the milk frothing result, descale your Intelia. You can find the instructions for descaling under 'Related Articles' below.
“Clean the pannarello after frothing milk. To clean the Pannarello, dispense a small amount of hot water into a container and wipe the outside of the pannarello with a damp cloth. At the end of the day, remove the external part of the Pannarello and rinse it with warm running water” .
How to create optimum milk foam:
Before you start frothing milk, make sure uniform steam is released from the steam wand / pannarello.
- Place an empty container under the steam wand / Pannarello.
- Turn the knob to the "" position. The machine starts heating up.
- Drain any residual water and wait until the spout ejects steam only. Turn the knob to the rest position "".
Now you can froth the milk the steam wand / Pannarello:
- Fill 1/3 of a container with cold milk (approx. 5°C / 41°F).
- Place the Pannarello halfway in the container with milk.
- Turn the knob to the "" position.
- Froth the milk by gently swirling the container and moving it up and down. When the milk froth has the desired consistency, turn the knob back to the the rest "" position .
Warning! Scalding hazard! The pannarello/steam wand becomes very hot during frothing and small jets of hot water may precede the dispensing of steam. Never touch the pannarello with your bare hands shortly before, during and shortly after frothing. Only use the heat-resistant handle to operate the pannarello.