Perform the Calc clean process as shown in following video.
Important notes before you start the Calc clean process:
*Do not leave the appliance unattended during the Calc-Clean process.
*Caution: Do not interrupt the process by lifting the iron up from the Calc-Clean container, as hot water and steam will come out of the soleplate.
*Repeat the Calc clean process if necessary. Make sure that you empty the Calc clean container before you repeat the Calc clean process.
*During the Calc clean process, clean water may come out of the soleplate if no scale has accumulated inside the iron. This is normal.
Calc clean steps as follows:
1. Fill up the water tank halfway.
2. Make sure that the appliance is plugged in and switched ON during the Calc-Clean process.
3. Place the Smart Calc-Clean container on the ironing board or any other even, stable surface
4. Place the iron stably on the Smart Calc-Clean container.
5. Press and hold the Calc-Clean button for 2 seconds until you hear short beeps
Note: The Smart Calc-Clean container has been designed to collect scale particles and hot water during the Calc-Clean process. It is perfectly safe to rest the iron on this container during the entire process.
6. During the Calc-Clean process, you hear short beeps and a pumping sound. Wait approximately 2 minutes for the appliance to complete the process.
7. When the Calc-Clean process is completed, the iron will produce a long beep and then the appliance switches off by itself.
8. Wipe the iron with a piece of cloth and put it back on the base station.
9. As the Smart Calc-Clean container becomes hot during the Calc-Clean process, wait approximately 5 minutes before you touch it.
10. Carry the Smart Calc-Clean container to the sink, empty it and store it for future use.
11. If necessary, you can repeat steps 1 to 11. Make sure that you empty the Calc-Clean container before you start the Calc-Clean process.
Was this document helpful?