Use the original SAECO CA6700 descaling solution.
Its formula has been designed to ensure better machine performance.
Never use vinegar as a descaling solution as it may damage the internal water circuit.
Remove the water filter from the water tank (if used) as the descaling solution will damage the water filter.
Follow below instructions:
1. Make sure the filter holder is placed in the machine.
2. Remove and empty the water tank.
3. Pour HALF (125ml) the content of the descaling solution into the water tank
and then fill the tank with fresh tap water up to the MAX level and place it back into the machine.
4. Place a bowl under the Steam wand (Pannarello).
5. Switch the machine on and wait until the "machine ready" light is lit.
6. Open the “hot water/steam” knob by turning it counter-clockwise.
7. Set the selection knob to the brewing coffee position and fill the bowl up to about 300ml of the descaler solution (is about 2 large cups)
8. Set the selection knob to the neutral position to stop dispensing.
9. Switch the machine off and empty the bowl.
10. Let the descaling solution act for about 15-20 minutes with the machine switched off.
11. Repeat steps 4 to 9 until the water tank became empty and wait 3 minutes with switched off machine between the cycles.
12. Rinse the tank and fill it completely with fresh tap water.
13. Place a bowl under the filter holder.
14. Switch the machine on.
You do not have to wait until the "machine ready" light is lit.
15. Turn the selection knob to brewing coffee position and dispense the complete water tank.
16. Set the selection knob to the neutral position to stop dispensing.
17. Empty the bowl and fill the tank again with fresh water.
18. Place the bowl under the steam wand (Pannarello).
19. Open the “hot water/steam” knob by turning it counter-clockwise.
20. Turn the selection knob to brewing coffee position and dispense the complete water tank.
21. Close the “hot water/steam” knob by turning it clockwise and set the selection knob to the neutral position.
22. Repeat steps 15 to 19 for a total of 4 tanks.
23. End of the descaling and rinsing procedure.
Was this document helpful?