Remark: Do not leave the appliance unattended during the Calc-Clean process.
Please follow the Calc-Clean process:
1. Fill up the water tank halfway. Consult the separate quick start guide for instructions on how to detach the water tank.
2. Make sure that the appliance is plugged in and switched ON during the Calc-Clean process.
3. Turn the temperature dial to Calc-Clean.
4. Place the Calc-Clean container on the ironing board or any other even, stable surface.
5. Place the iron stably on the Calc-Clean container.
Note: The Calc-Clean container has been designed to collect scale particles and hot water during the Calc-Clean process. It is perfectly safe to rest the iron on this container during the entire process.
6. Press and hold the Calc-Clean button for 2 seconds until you hear short beeps.
7. During the Calc-Clean process, you will hear short beeps and a pumping sound. Wait approximately 2 minutes for the appliance to complete the process.
8. When the Calc-Clean process is completed, the iron stops beeping.
9. Wipe the iron with a piece of cloth and put it back on the base station.
10. As the Calc-Clean container becomes hot during the Calc-Clean process, wait approx. 5 minutes before you touch it.
11. If necessary, you can repeat steps 1 to 11. Make sure that you empty the Calc-clean container before you start the Calc-Clean process.
Note: During the Calc-Clean process, clean water may come out of the soleplate if no scale has accumulated inside the iron. This is normal.
Was this document helpful?