This problem may be due to the following 3 scenarios:
1. There is not enough water in the water tank
Fill the water tank beyond the MIN indication. Press and hold the steam trigger until steam comes out. It may take up to 30 seconds for steam to come out.
2. You have set the temperature setting too low.
Turn the temperature dial to 2 dots or higher and wait for the iron to be ready (blue 'iron ready' light becomes steady).
3. You did not press and hold the steam trigger long enough.
Press and hold the steam trigger until steam comes out. It may take up to 30 seconds for steam to come out.
4. The steam function has been disabled until you have performed the Calc-Clean process.
Perform the Calc-Clean process to restore the steam function.
5. You have not placed the water tank in the appliance properly.
Slide the water tank into the appliance until it locks into place. ('Click')
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact the Philips Consumer Care Center in your country. You will find its phone number in the worldwide guarantee leaflet, or on the Philips online support page.
Was this document helpful?