What is the best way to clean my PowerPro vacuum cleaner?
Clean the inlet filters each time you empty the dust bucket
Clean the filters regularly to ensure maximum suction power from your Philips PowerPro vacuum cleaner. Clean the inlet filter each time you empty the dust bucket. Depending on your model, the inlet filter is located in the dust container or directly behind the dust bucket in the vacuum cleaner. You can clean the dust bucket with a moist cloth to remove the remaining dust.
Clean the sponge filter every month with water
Clean the sponge filter every month with water and dry for 24 hours.
- Remove the dust bucket and empty it into the trash.
- Take out the filter from the dust bucket or vacuum cleaner.
- Take the filter holder or (H)EPA filter and gently tap out the dust into the trash. Never clean the (H)EPA filter with water.
- Take the sponge filter and gently tap out the dust into the trash.
Tip: we recommend that you clean the filters outside to prevent dust from being spread in your (clean) house.
- Put the filter back in the dust container or vacuum cleaner.
- Put the dust container back. Make sure the dust bucket is dry before putting it back.
Sponge filter cleaning:
- After gently tapping the dust out of the filter, clean the sponge filter in water until all the dust is removed.
- Let the sponge filter dry for at least 24 hours until it is completely dry.
- Place the filter in the dust bucket or vacuum cleaner and make sure that it is locked again.
- Place the dust bucket in the correct position and make sure the dust bucket is dry before putting it back
Tip: Order an extra filter set on Online store so you can exchange your filters during the wet cleaning procedure.
- Typenumber CRP745 for PowerPro and PowerPro Expert series.
- Typenumber FC8058 for PowerPro Active & PowerPro Compact series.
- The filters of the PowerPro Ultimate series are lifetime filters. They do not need to be replaced. Therefore, we do not offer a replacement pack via the online shop. Please contact the consumer care center in your country to order this filter. Contact Page
Stores that sell Philips vacuum cleaners often also sell spare parts and accessories. Or you can order them via a service center.
If you have any difficulties obtaining accessories for your vacuum cleaner, please contact the Philips Consumer Care Centre in your country: Contact Page