How do I prepare the collected milk for feeding my baby?
You can feed your baby with breast milk from Philips Avent bottles and storage cups:
- If you use frozen breast milk, let it defrost completely before you heat it.
Note: In case of an emergency, you can defrost the milk in a bowl of hot water.
- Heat the bottle or storage cup with defrosted or refrigerated breast milk in a bowl of hot water or in a bottle warmer.
- Remove the screw ring and sealing disc from the bottle or remove the lid from the storage cup.
- If you are using a storage cup, screw the adapter ring onto the cup.
- Screw a sanitized screw ring with sanitized nipple onto the bottle or onto the storage cup with adapter ring.
Always check the temperature of the milk before you feed it to your baby and always discard any breast milk that is left over at the end of a feed.
Never heat breast milk in a microwave, as this can cause uneven heating, which can lead to hot spots in the milk. It may also destroy nutrients in the milk.