What issues are solved by a software upgrade?
Every software update solves different issues. A software update ensures that your TV is performing optimal in accordance with the latest technological developments.
To check if there is new software available for your TV, you have to check if the software version on the Philips support website is higher than the software version in your TV and update it if necessary.
Follow these procedures to check the current software version on your TV.
- Press the button on the remote control to access the home menu.
- Use the cursor buttons to select [Setup] and press the 'OK' button to confirm.
- Select [Software settings] and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Select [Current software info] and press the 'OK' button to display the current software version on your TV set.
Check the software version against the latest TV software on the Philips support website. Refer to the Software and drivers section.
- If the TV software version is lower than the version posted on the website, this means the software of your TV set needs to be upgraded.
- Follow the instruction in the user manual or readme file of the firmware upgrade on how to upgrade your software.
- Do not install a lower version of software than the current version installed on your product. Philips cannot be held liable or be made responsible for problems caused by a software downgrade.
The latest software solves the issues below:
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
TPM1012E_002.006.000.001 (Date published: 2013-05-27)
- Introduction of new product ranges (22” and 24” series).
- Updated onscreen help content.
- Improvement on 3D video. (Only applicable to 3D models)
- Updated predefined channel list for Austria.
- Corrected OSD errors for Portuguese language.
TPM1012E_002.002.000.001 (Date published: 2013-04-04)
- Fixed Ziggo CI+ module not working issue. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
TPM1012E_002.001.000.001 (Date published: 2013-03-27)
- Initial production software.