Why does the coffee taste bad?
If the taste of your coffee is bad from the start, please keep in mind that:
- You should at least brew the minimum amount of coffee as indicated on the jug and water container. Under the minimal amount, the taste and temperature might become less to your liking.
- The brand of coffee filter can influence the taste
- You might want to try a different blend of coffee for a different taste
- Please use fresh water to brew your coffee
- Keep your coffee machine clean. Regular cleaning of e.g. the filter holder and jug will have a positive influence on your coffee taste.
If the taste of your coffee becomes worse after it has been brewing for a long time:
- the coffee might have stayed on the hot plate too long. Coffee becomes strong and bitter if you leave it on the hot plate too long, especially if the jug contains only a small quantity of coffee.
If these answers do not solve your problem, please contact the Philips Service Center or your local Philips dealer.