When boiling of the water takes a longer time than before, the heating element of the kettle is probably covered with scale.
To remove the scale we advise you to descale the kettle. You can use white vinegar to descale the kettle. See descaling instructions below.
Note: Never use natural vinegar or white vinegar with an acetic acid content higher than 8%, as this may damage the inside of the kettle. If you dislike the smell of vinegar, use citric acid or a descaling agent. In that case, follow the instructions on the package of the descaler.
1. Fill the ketlle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
2. After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
3. Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
4. Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
5. Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
6. Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
7. Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Note: Regular descaling prolongs the life of the kettle.
If this answer does not help your problem, we advise you to contact the Philips Consumer Care in your country.
Was this document helpful?