The kettle should shut off automatically after water boils. If the kettle stays “on”, please check the following:
You can use any type of descaling agent to descale the kettle. If you use a descaling agent, follow the instructions on the bottle or package to descale your kettle. We advise you to use white vinegar.
Descaling procedure using white vinegar.
1. Fill the ketlle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
2. After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
3. Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
4. Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
5. Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
6. Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
7. Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Note: If you dislike the smell of vinegar, use citric acid or a descaling agent.
If the above solution(s) did not help to solve your problem, please contact Philips Consumer Care.
You can find the phone number for Philips Consumer Care in your country under 'Contact' or 'Customer Service' on this website.
Was this document helpful?