Why does the PowerPro Duo have less suction power than usual?
In most cases, loss of suction power is caused by the dust compartment being full or the filter being dirty. See below for all possible causes of a loss of suction power and check whether a cause applies to your appliance.
- The dust compartment is full;
- The filter is dirty;
- The nozzle, roller brush, or other accessories are clogged;
- The handheld and/or joint of the floor nozzle may be blocked with large dirt particles.
Cause 1: The dust compartment is full
- Empty the dust compartment.
- Press the dust container release button to remove the dust container.
- Remove the dust separator.
- Shake the contents of the dust compartment into a trashcan.
Cause 2: The filter is dirty
To maintain optimal suction performance, we advise you to clean the filters every 2 to 4 weeks.
- Remove the filter compartment and take out the filter;
- Remove the foam filter;
- Clean the foam filter under the faucet with cold or lukewarm water;
- Let the filter dry for 24 hours. Never put the filter back when it is still wet, as this will damage your appliance.
Note: For a thorough clean, you can clean the dust container and filter parts in cold or lukewarm water.
Cause 3: The roller brush is clogged
You can use a pair of scissors to cut the hairs etc. that have collected around the roller brush. To make it easier to clean, you can take out the roller brush completely.
Cause 4: The handheld and/or joint of the floor nozzle might be blocked with large dirt particles
- Check that the handheld is not blocked with any large dirt particles;
- Release the handheld from the stick by pressing the release button;
- Check the suction openings and remove any large dirt particles from the joint.
Joint of the floor nozzle
- Check that the joint of the floor nozzle is not blocked with any large dirt particles;
- Release the handheld from the stick, check the suction openings and remove any large dirt particles from the joint.
If the above solution(s) did not help to solve your problem, please contact the Philips Consumer Care Center in your country. Go to Contact Page