As Philips Lumea has been developed with your safety in your own home, it’s important to note that the appliance is not suitable for certain conditions.
• IPL treatment is not effective on red hair, white/grey hair or light blonde hair. Nor is it suitable for naturally dark skin, as it can cause skin damage, such as burns, blisters or discoloring. Check the skin types and body hair color chart to see if Philips Lumea is suitable for you. A unique skin color sensor is incorporated in Philips Lumea models SC1981-1985 and SC1996, SC1997, SC1999, which ensures that a pulse will be emitted only on suitable skin colors;
• Philips Lumea should not be used by women with medical conditions such as skin cancer, lesions, epilepsy, vascular disorders, immunosuppressive disorders or skin allergies to light. If you take any medications: Please check your prescription’s instructions, to look up if they potentially cause photosensitivity. If they do, do not use Philips Lumea . Other medications may cause a reaction, so please consult your doctor before use;
• Do not use Philips Lumea if you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
• Do not use Philips Lumea near any piercings, tattoos, injection sites (e.g. for insulin), pacemakers or implants;
• See the user manual for more detailed information.
Was this document helpful?